2019 Real Estate Tax Bills were mailed May 29, 2020.
The Moultrie County Collector mails out approximately 11,000 real estate tax bills and collects over $23 million dollars annually.
First Installment is due July 2, 2020.
Second Installment is due September 3, 2020.
A single tax bill is sent for the full years taxes with both installment payment coupons included. We do not send a second bill for the second installment. The taxes are due in two equal installments.
After the due dates, a penalty charge of 1 1/2 % per month or any part of a month in which the installment remains delinquent. If you receive your tax bill and they are to be paid by a mortgage company, you must forward it on in a timely manner. Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve a taxpayer from their tax liability. If you do not receive a tax bill and you should have, please call the treasurer's office at 217-728-4032.
1. Pay in person at the Moultrie County Treasurer's office at the Courthouse by cash, personal check or cashier's check.
2. At ANY Moultrie County Bank Facilities. The authorized facilities locations are:
First Mid Bank & Trust - Sullivan & Mt. Zion
Scott State Bank - Bethany, Dalton City, Mt. Zion, Sullivan
Arthur Community Bank - Arthur
First National Bank of Arthur - Arthur
State Bank of Arthur - Arthur
First Community Bank of Moultrie County - Lovington & Sullivan
3. Online at www.govtechtaxpro.com, (subject to a convenience fee.) You may use electronic check or pay with your debit/credit card.
4. Mail your payment. A United States Postal Service Postmark is accepted as date of payment for the calculation of late fees. If you would like a receipt when mailing payments, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope and the entire tax bill.
Please send to:
Moultrie County Collector
10 S. Main St., Suite #10
Sullivan, IL 61951
5. Drop box, there is a drop box attached to the exterior of the courthouse building on the West side. For your convenience envelopes are provided and may be used at all hours of the day. These payments are collected daily.
6. We do not accept debit or credit cards in the office. We do not accept post-dated checks. After the certified delinquent notices are mailed a cashier's check, money order or cash is required.
The County Treasurer's office is located at 10 S. Main, Suite 10, Sullivan, IL. 61951. County Treasurer's Office Hours are 8:30 to 4:30 and is open through the lunch hours.
Prepayment Real Estate Payments
Prepayment Tax Form
Our office does accept advance real estate tax payments each year. There is a form that taxpayers are required to fill out and return each year. Follow this link to load a printable form. An outstanding balance will be due by the second installment due date. If your advance payment results in an overpayment, a refund check will be issued to you. We also accept advance payment on mobile home privilege tax.
Moultrie County Real Estate Tax Information available on-line at the following website, www.fikeandfike.com/propertytax
Select Moultrie, then year.
* Note real estate taxes information is based on prior year from year paid - 2019 payable in 2020 for example. Mobile home taxes are paid annually - 2020.