Requirements to Register to Vote
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must be at least 17 years of age on or before the date of the next primary and be at least 18 years of age on or before the date of the next election
- You must reside in your precinct for at least 30 days prior to the election
When to Re-Register
You do not need to re-register unless you:
- Move to a different county
- Change your name
Change of Address
If you have moved from one address in Moultrie County to another address within the county you need to notify the County Clerk's Office of your new address. There are several ways to do this.
- Fill out the change of address on the back of your voter registration card and mail that in (be sure to include your signature).
- Come into the office and fill out an address change form.
- Write a letter to our office informing us of your old address, new address, phone number, and your written signature.
- change of address form
You can mail your address change to:
Moultrie County Clerk
10 S Main, Suite 6
Sullivan, IL 61951
We can accept address changes year round except during the 28-day period just prior to an election and for the 2 days after an election.
When a person changes their name, they are required to re-register. The process is the same as if it were a first time registration. You may do this by completing an In-Person registration form or a Mail-In form (see requirements above). Please provide your former name on either registration form under Name (if changed).
Where to Register to vote