Death Record Request
Where To Apply:
- In Person in the Moultrie County Clerk's Office
- Download Application and mail into the County Clerk’s Office
- Fill out the request online with a small fee by using Official Records Online- ORO
Where to Mail Application
Moultrie County Clerk
10 S. Main, Suite 6
Sullivan, IL 61951
$19 for the first copy, $10 for each additional copy of the same record when purchased at the same time - Cash or Check only.
Monday - Friday
8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Who is entitled to certified copy?
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Parent(s) shown on the certificate
- Legal guardian or legal representative of the child
- Upon the specific written request for a certified copy by a department of the State or a municipal corporation or the Federal Government
- Upon the court order of a court of record
For Genealogical Purposes: Death must be on file longer than 20 years.
Please Note: Recordings with limited information begin December 1877. Death Records with detailed information began in 1915.
Photo ID required for Birth or Death Vital Records (and, at the discretion of the County Clerk's Office, for some Marriage Records). If you do not have a photo ID then a copy of your Social Security card.
Death Records cannot be faxed